Cancelled - The September 14, 2021 event - Fighting Fraud Workshop with Congressman Robert E. Latta and special guests from the Federal Trade Commission has been cancelled.
Defiance County Senior Services email has been update to: email@example.com.
Defiance County Senior Services locations in Defiance and Hicksville are now open. Please see the newsletter for further details and new hours. We remain committed to serve your needs and continue to work daily. Please contact us at 419-782-3233 for assistance.
We welcome you to the Defiance County Senior Services webpage. At Senior Services we provide nutrition services, transportation, education, supportive services and activities in our welcoming facilities. We hope you will take a few minutes to review our webpage and all Senior Services has to offer.
Defiance County Senior Services provides congregate meals at our two locations – one in Hicksville, Ohio and the other in Defiance. Senior Services can also provide hot, home delivered meals, frozen meals and therapeutic meals when medically necessary. Our meals are approved by a licensed dietician to pay extra attention to sodium and carbohydrate content. As part of the nutrition program, a member of our nutrition assessment team will visit each home delivered meal participant to check on additional needs and to make them aware of available resources in our community.
The Defiance County Senior Services nutrition program also acts as a clearinghouse for two commodities programs as well as the Farmer’s Market coupon program. Transportation for grocery shopping and list shopping are also available services. For more information or to access ingredient contents, please contact nutrition manager, Ginny Wiseman at 419-782-3321 or 419-782-3233.
Defiance County Senior Services provides transportation to senior adults residing in Defiance County for medical appointments, therapy, grocery shopping and more. For more information, please call our Transportation Coordinator, Dennis Vajen at 419-782-3233. In Hicksville, please call Linda at 419-542-5004.
Senior Services Activities
We offer a wide variety of programs, trips and activities designed to enlighten, enjoy and inspire.
Please call Dennis Vajen for more information and join us!
For more information on these services, please call our main number – 419-782-3233.
- Alzheimer’s Support – Senior Services offers a confidential support group each month. The group meets the first Thursday of the month at 1:30pm.
- Alzheimer’s information Library and Individual Consultations – Senior Services has excellent up-to-date information on Alzheimer’s Disease and caregiving. You may also wish to speak to our consultants on an individual basis to address your questions and needs concerning Alzheimer’s Disease. Please contact our staff nurse Sheri Schliesser, R.N. at 419-783-4812.
- Medicare Assistance – Education and assistance is available to help in identifying Medicare insurance and drug plans. Please contact Linda McMahon at 419-542-5004.
- Notary Services – Notary services are available at Defiance County Senior Services. Please contact Robin at 419-782-3233.
Share your time and talents – whether you have an hour a year or several hours each day – we’d appreciate speaking with you about our volunteer opportunities. Our wonderful Volunteers:
- Work in our café
- Help in the kitchens
- Help decorate for special events
- Help out in our library
- Teach Bible Study, crafts and other skills
- Join as a member of our Auxiliary and help raise funds for Senior Services And so much more. We couldn’t do all we do without our volunteers. Come join us! For more information, call Dennis Vajen at 419-782-3233